Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The "running" process

I have NEVER liked running....its hard on my knees and joints and being tall just doesn't help! I sound sooo old saying it like that. Well, I started running. One of my neighbors Christy also runs -- so we are taking the challenge up together and got started on Tuesday morning. I was up all night tossing and turning anxious that I might over sleep ( even though my alarm was set ) -- or maybe I wouldn't be able to keep up or or or. Well, I got up at 5:34am and got geared up for the jog. Ate a banana and off to her front door where she was ready to go. I have to say...we ran 2 1/2 miles and I did great! I felt soooo good afterwards.
I really just need to do some exercising in my life because it helps me mentally and not to mention -- it helps keep things up instead of having them fall in time (which is starting to happen).
Ryan and I went to the mall last weekend and my wonderful husband let me purchase a pair of fun running shorts by Nike. I say "let" because we dont spend money that is unnecessary very often. This was definitely not a necessary purchase. My goal is to wear these cute running shorts and look GOOD in them sooner than later. Right now I am not quite ready to sport these babys but, there will be a day. They are a little short sooooo....it encourages me to work the tops of my thighs.
If you talk to me in the next two weeks and I sound energetic....more positive....excited -- you know that I am still working out and progress is being made. If not -- I am leaving you all a full responsibility to get on me about not keeping up with a simple goal. It works out well that I am doing this with someone because to tell you the truth -- I totally wanted to sleep in that morning. We are running again on Thursday night -- had to take a couple days off because Ryan is out of town. Is it ok to leave the kids in bed in the morning and go running with monitors??? I mean they are sleeping and safe in their beds. lol j/k I am not that dumb! And obviously the monitors don't reach out that far.
I know anyone who reads my blog of course will be dying to know my progress...teehee
soooo, I am going to update my blog on how I am coming with my goal. Stay Tuned!!!


No comments: