Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Blue-eeee Blues!!!

I was in a blue funk for like a week straight and I know Ryan will say AMEN....if he even logged onto our blog but, it was really starting to get me down. It can also be refereed to as the blue-eee blues ( according to Wow Wow Wubbzy ). Widget got it once and I related to her. Anyways.....I was just being angry and frustrated and and and - didn't know why and I talked to Jillian about it for a quick moment. Of course -- she has 900 things going on at once and I always seem to call her around 6pm and want to discuss it and she is making dinner - telling kids no - feeding Trenton etc. Well....my mom was out of town and I would have called her first ( no offense Jill ) but, she just wasnt available. Soooo I called Jill and was sympathetic to what she was doing and what she does everyday so, there was no need to add to the chaos. I was missing my mom. Well....mom decided to go out of town and visit her Dean ( her husband ) for Valentines day. Why would she leave town when I had the blue-eee blues and not be there for me??? Geeeezzz!

Well....Ryan and I ended up going out on a date and I realized that I just needed to get out and spend some FUN time with my hubby. I think the fact that my kids have been totally sick ALL WINTER LONG....it has been really hard for me. I needed to get out and have some adult time and enjoy my husband. We decided that on Feb 15th we were going to have my mother in law come over and spend some time with the kids so we could do this. We ran up to target and dropped my tire off...being that the morning before it was flat and was unreplacable -- and then off to lunch. We went over to Uncle Sams which is one of our favorite places. We had a couple of steak and cheese hoagies and had some good conversation. Then off to bowling! Ryan and I love to bowl. We played 3 games and made a bets on two of them that I would beat him and I would win whatever I bet. Well....I lost all three games!!! Sigh.....
I already took care of one of the items but, I also owe him a back rub! BUMMER!!!
Actually its totally ok -- because I just had a massage from a professional courtesy of my wonderful mother a couple weeks ago.

I totally got out of my blue funk and realized thats all I needed. I needed to get away from the kids for just a couple hours and have fun with my hubby. He is a fabulous man for sure!!! Dates are super important in a relationship and super important for Mrs. McMullen.

Thank You honey for a fun day/evening -- I think you are the most amazing man out there and I am so blessed to call you my husband!

Everyone else.....go out on a date with your husband -- it helps the blue-eee blues!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh sad day - sorry I wasn't there for you when you needed me :( I'm glad the blue-eee blues left you :)