Thursday, April 16, 2009

Potty Training

The other day I went out to Sams club and bought a new box of diapers for Brady and of course $40. later - thought to myself hmmmm....I wonder if my little man is ready!?! Well since Brady just turned two at the end of February I thought I might be jumping the gun. I ran over to Kohls and bought two packages of underwear that had 7 pairs in them each. I decided we were going to give it a shot and see how we do. I have gotten mixed responses about me starting him so soon and that he probably wont be ready but, in my opinion -- worth a weeks effort and if it doesnt work and he needs more time, thats totally fine.
WELL....my Brady -- is doing AWESOME!!! He has not had an accident since the first day. Now....mind you -- we are only on day 3 but, good gravy...he is doing FABULOUS in my opinion. I even ventured out of the house to go pick up Carter, Branden, and Matt from school and he stayed dry the whole time. If he needs to go he runs up to me and says " Mom...Pee Pee ".
I am soooooo proud him. Brady is a very strong willed child so it could have gone either way so I am glad its going so great. I obviously have never potty trained a child before being that Brady is my first born. Its sooo fun and exciting for me to watch him make these steps to being such a big boy. I am totally not ready for my baby to be growing up so fast but, I have to be honest.....I could totally go with out changing diapers on two kids to just one and not to mention the cost that is involved. We usually dont leave Sams club when buying diapers and wipes under $100. Ahhhhhh the savings - the savings!!!


2 comments:

Grandma said...

What???? Brady is a strong-willed child? Wonder where he gets that. Wait, I know -- it's Ryan's side of the family. Yup, has to be cuz we are all so mellow. :-)

JuliaCotten said...

Great Job Brady!!!! Potty Training is a pain and you have done an awesome job Lindsey. Everytime I talk to you, your on top of it with the training. You have such patients Lindsey!