Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The beeeeee's

I have been bad about posting and I know there is really no excuse like I have two children ages 2 and under and they are only 14 1/2 months apart - or like - I go to bed at 9pm every night so, I can get up in the morning at 4:45am to hit the gym by 5am. I know those are just silly excuses sooooo.....I am going to try to do better.

Anyways, my sister Vicky came down to visit in April for almost a week and I just have to post about the bee's. My Mom, Vicky, Brady, Logan and Madelyn were all outside enjoying a nice sunny but still cool out day in the backyard of my house. We were laying on the grass while the children played with eachother in the yard. All of the sudden I hear this bzzzzzzzzz.....bzzzzzz....bzzzzzz ---- :0 -- I turned my head to my left shoulder and HOLY CRAP -- I have never in my life seen sooooo many flippin bees ever!!! I quickly leaped up like a gazelle grabbed Brady's hand and Logan by one arm as I leaped for the door to the house - Vicky, Madelyn and Mom totally followed suite. We then watched thru the windows as my whole entire back yard was full of a HUGE swarm of bees. From the grass all the way to my roof the back yard was covered. They didnt stay long -- just chilled for a few min. and went over the roof. I didnt grab the camera in time to get them in the back yard but, I took a picture of them as they went over the roof and on to their next destination to freak some other innocent people out. Jillian would have had a heart attack. It all happened so fast and mom says that its amazing how the kids just new to leap up and follow me/us into the house so peacefully. We will talk about this for years.



3 comments:

Smith Family said...

Wow! I've never seen anything like that! Glad you all made it inside safely.

Unknown said...

I would have had a heart attack for sure - and can you imagine if my children were there. Branden would have been passed out right along with me - either that our running around in circles yelling "I'm gonna die" over and over. I still can't even believe it. I felt nervous about walking outside for a few weeks after that - you just can never trust a bee - not to mention two thousand of them.

JuliaCotten said...

I would have freaked out too. That is crazy how many there were. The picture is crazy!