Tuesday, May 12, 2009

30.....are you kidding me!!!!

I feel like I am 18 .....look like I am 32 - according to my stupid neighbor -- and just notice a new line under my left eye which can be referred to as a WRINKLE. Well...I started getting grey hair at the age of 18 and totally was ok with it and thought nothing of it. There is this great person called a hair dresser - who can make everything better for you in a matter of an hour or so if you are not doing any highlights. But, there is nothing for this new and not acceptable wrinkle I have - aside from a little botox or plastic surgery. Am I too young for a little injection or tug and snip here and there??? Naaaaaaa but, cant do it right NOW.
Anyways...as my mom would counsel me....be grateful to turn another year older, some people dont get to. Sooo, I am welcoming 30 with open arms and hope to look and feel better than I did in my 20's.
My birthday happened to fall on a Saturday night. We went and grabbed a bite to eat at Firebirds ( one of my many FAVORITES ) and then off to Harolds with good friends. Its very hard to find anyone these days that knows how to country dance so, I was only able to get one song in with a man who was much shorter than me. My fabulous husband went over to him and his girlfriend and asked him kindly to dance with his wife because its was my birthday. We may have only got to dance once but I tell ya what -- it was sooooo much flippin fun!!!! I miss country dancing sooooo sooooo much. Jillian and I use to go all the time when we were younger and just dont find the time to do it these days. I am hoping that I can steal her sometime in the near future and we can head out with mom for some dancing.
Thanks to all that shared my birthday with me and made me feel special in some way or another!









4 comments:

brooke said...

oh my gosh!!! happy belated birthday!!! it looks like you had so much fun!!!

i really REALLY with we could have that girls night...i am still upset about it! it was one of two things i could not wait for! hopefully the next time i get out there will be soon soon and we can go live it up!

Jessica B. said...

How did we not manage to snap a photo of you with the short-statured gentleman?!? That's a shame...

Unknown said...

I hear that! I just turned 33 and I think I had my first age-related nervous breakdown ...a term I used to scoff at ... ... sigh.

The Cook Fam said...

Linds! I was doing some browsing today and noticed I didn't comment on your blog the first time I saw these hot pics of you of for the birthday! You are one amazingly hot 30 year old - I know I've said this before but it needs to be said again. Haw-cha-cha!!! OW!!!!!! Miss you lots and wish I could schedule an appointment with my favorite esthetician!