Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Big Buzzin Bee & Frog

I am not a huge fan of Halloween but, I have to say this year was so much fun. We didnt run out and spend money on a costume for the boys because we knew Jill would have something that would "work" and didnt want to waste money anyways. The boys are at such a young age still that they dont really care about it either way.

We went over to Jillians house the previous day to see what costume might fit Brady...I wish we would video taped his reaction to having the costumes put on him -- it was the funniest thing. He totally threw a fit and put a huge lip out till we took it off. We thought we were going to have the same battle the next night when we went to go out to a couple houses but, we were happily mistaken. Brady did soooo good. I think it was because their cousin came over earlier and was in his costume along with Logan and we took photos of them. Then Megan (my sister in law) said that she got James a pumpkin. I realized that I didnt have anything for Brady to carry around except a plastic bag from Wal-Mart. Megan, so kindly let us have James's pumpkin to take around the neighborhood with us. You would have thought that she gave Brady a hidden treasure. He LOVED carrying this pumpkin around and went up to each house, got one candy and waived bye to each person. He is still carrying the pumpkin all around the house with him....putting things in it and taking them back out -- again and again. It was soooo much fun for me to see my little man having so much fun and getting to experience Halloween. Its hard to explain my feelings but, it was a night to remember and I am sure proud of my little man. He even kept his costume on -- even being that it was a little snugg around the edges!!!

4 comments:

Angie said...

I totally know what you mean about not wanting to spend $$$ when they're so little. Last year, I put a Minnie Mouse outfit together for Cassidy with what we already had. It was fun!

The boys look so cute! It's exciting that Brady got the hang of it, asking for candy. Glad you had a fun time. And love how the boys had fun with play-doh.

JuliaCotten said...

How cute!!! That is amazing that he left the out fit on and did so well. I love the picture of you kneeling down with Brady (looking so good). The costumes were perfect. Hopefully we can get together this next week.

Christine Tax said...

THey are so cute! It sounds like you guys had a great time!

Unknown said...

THE cutest bee and frog around!! I wish we would have had the video rolling when we first got the bee costume on Brady. That was quite possibly the funniest thing ever. He has such a fun personality :) We sure love that little man.