Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Love for my friends husband!!!

The knocks at my door just got better and better as the day went on Friday. Lets recap for a moment.......

Knock one - Christine with an Ice Coffee

Knock Two - Carter and Jill with a chocolate shake from Sonic

Then to my surprise knock three had arrived -- Chris ( Kate & Connor's dad ) came over to pick up Connor as usual and there he stood knocking at my door.
I opened the door and the dear, sweet man handed me a BOX OF KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS!!!! He said its not a full box but, I had them left over from work.
Its as if he knew that I needed them. What?? Men are NOT in tuned with anything in life -- whats going on??
Hmmmm.....Would it be inappropriate for me to leap into my friends husbands arms and hug it out?? Probably!!! Not to mention -- he would think I was totally crazy.
I thanked him very much and stayed calm and collective. As soon as I waved goodbye and locked the door -- I slowly walked back into the kitchen where a caged lion who had been starving for days, dived into this helpless box of doughnuts. I popped one of those baby's in the microwave for about 8 seconds, sat down on the bar stool and just shook my head with approval of the day. Everything is going to be ok -- in fact.....now that I have just added 5 more lbs to my buttocks --Friday ended up being a pretty darn good day!!!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a crack up!! Only problem I see with this lovely day is that I don't recall tasting one of these scrumptious donuts. Could it be that you snarfed them all up and didn't share with me??? NO!!! Perhaps the inner lion in you just couldn't share?? Well considering you had such a tough week we will let it slide just this once :)

Christine Tax said...

I do have to say that he is pretty good!!! I am glad that he brought you some, but mad he did not bring them home! I hope you enjoyed every bite of them!