Friday, November 21, 2008

What a week!!!

This last week has been challenging. Both of the boys got runny noses last week and it has just progressed into wiping noses every 5 min,lots of cuddling, refilling humidifiers all day long, and Tylenol. Brady has a pretty bad cough and his nose is just a faucet. However, I must say....if you walk up to him with a tissue and tell him to blow -- he rocks at it. Not sure where he learned this, possibly from his mother and Aunt blowing our noses like a flock of geese entering the room.

Logan on the other hand has been real congested but, has still been his happy, fabulous self -- UNTIL....yesterday! I picked him up out of his crib from his morning nap and he was burning up. I took his temperature in his armpit and YUP...he is at a 101.6. This is a low grade fever for a little guy but, still gave him some Tylenol. Our happy baby turned into a lethargic, sad, needing to be held every min boy. I would sit down on the coach and he just layed on my chest not wanting to pick his head up at all and would fall right back asleep.

After his second nap I picked him back up and he felt every hotter than the first time. OK....Time for a rectal temp....sorry bud! Yup....getting worse! He was now at 102.4. I thought I might need to take him in but, as all mothers know -- they are going to say YUP....he has a virus -- keep lots of liquids in him and monitor him. Called the doctors office and the nurse said as long as he is making wet diapers and eating -- he is probably just fighting this nasty virus.

Of course...as a mother your heart just aches for your children when they are sick. They cant tell you where it hurts or what they need. You have to go off of your instincts and do what you feel is best. ALSO as a mother...your eyes, body, head all ache from lack of sleep. Hmmmm 12am to about 6am this morning I was up with my little baby. Stuffed him like a tick with food since that was the only thing that seemed to make him feel better. Of course...he is fast asleep in my bed since 6am this morning. Isn't it funny how they finally get past all the pain and suffering right when you get out of bed.

Christine dropped her kids off as usual around 6:45 and the wonderful girl is knocking at my door with a iced coffee from McDonald's!!! AAAAAhhhhhhhh.....she has saved the day. Its amazing how a large iced coffee can change your whole day. She always seems to bring them on the right days. Thanks Christine!
Of course Ryan and Jillian know very well that I have a problem with these darn iced coffees. Liquid cocaine maybe -- lets just say...I get a lot done after I slurp one of these babies down.

I promised myself that I would sit on the coach and do NOTHING today except play, nurture and love all the kids. I am not sure its possible for me to sit down more than 5 min at a time but, I am going to give it a good effort. I need to stay off my feet because something is VERY WRONG with them right now. Hurts to even walk. Jill says Welcome to tile thru-out your house. My mom made me throw my ol faithful flip flops away in her garbage the other night.

Lets have a moment of silence for them please!!!!

Thank You!


I seriously do not know what to do about my feet. I have been icing the tops of them where they are just throbbing but, doesn't seem to help. I have been wearing my tennis shoes all around the house and out doors BUT...doesn't seem to help. I am sure it has something to do with me never sitting down during the day but, lots of people run around like myself. If they dont get better, I am going to pull out the ol wheel chair in the garage and wheel around town -- they hurt THAT BAD!
Any thought on how to cure the pain on the tops of feet??? Im listening!

Just to add onto the week of chaos.....My milk might be drying up. If you are a mother and have or do nurse your child -- you know that this is very devastating. Not to mention very expensive if we have to buy formula on a regular basis. I just dont understand. I havent done anything different. I pumped and got 2oz. WHAT?!?

Ok....I am sure that some people dont want to hear about my milk production and thats totally cool but, this is something that is stressing me out and making me emotional right now so, I am going to blog about it too!
I have never been a walking milk truck and thats ok. I nursed Brady for only 3 months and it was awful. Logan is 6 1/2 months old and I feel like I have won a gold medal already with keeping up with nursing him. Not sure why all of the sudden it would stop or slow down to such a screeching hault. This means at 5:30 or 6:30 when Logan usually wakes up -- I am going to have to make him a bottle instead of just lay down back in bed and let him nurse. I called Ryan yesterday in search for some compassion about possibly having to stop nurse and this is how the conversation went.

Me: My milk might be drying up because I pumped and didnt get anything. I just dont understand whats going on. I am totally bummed out about this. I will be sad if I cant nurse Logan anymore.

Ryan: Yaaa...Sorry babe. How is Bradys cough?

Me: Sigh...Its just about the same. But he seems to be ok with it.

Ryan: Thats good!



Thats all the TLC I got about the nursing. Ok...I will call Jillian! Geeezz
I know men dont understand. Either does anyone who doesnt nurse their kids and thats ok. Its just one of those things! I should have known not to go to a man for a womens topic.

I pumped last night after it had been 5 hours and got NOTHING -- ok its over Lindsey....let it go! This morning around 7:30a.m. I pumped 4 oz. Hmmmmm not making sense to me. Is this because of stress??? Either way -- I am sad about being a drying up cow with gimpy feet.

There is a knock at the door....Oh boy : - 0 Its Carter! Jillian has come over and brought a yummy chocolate shake from Sonic. Thank You, Thank You, Jill! I brought Brady out to the car with me to say Hi to Jill and he leaped in Carters seat like a Gazelle and waved bye to me. He just loves going over to his Aunts house and loves his Carter soooo much. Brady got right up in Carter's face and started speaking sharply to him....we all know Brady's language. He truly felt like he was telling him something very important. Possibly....telling him he wanted to come over and play today and to please let him come. He was very determined that he was going home with them, so his wonderful Aunt drove away with Brady to let him come over and play.

Looks like we might just make it thru this Friday after all.

Its 9:30 and Logan is just waking up!!! Glad he got to sleep in and get some good rest!!!

I took my little Logan's picture when he wouldn't pick his head up off of my chest. Sorry you are so sick buddy! Mommy sure loves to to pieces. Hopefully the boys will get some relief soon. If it means we are going to be up for the next 3 days all night long that's ok. Just want my boys to feel better.





4 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW that was quite the post. I would really say I sound more like a suffering elephant when I blow my nose. Sorry you had such a busy crazy week. My suggestion for your feet is sit down more or just chop them off at the ankles. Relax more and reduce you stress!! Quit worrying so much about your milk that will just add to your stress and dry you up. We had lots of fun with Brady!! Thanks for letting him come hang out for a little bit. We love you guys!! Hang in there!!!

Shel said...

Poor girl AND boys. It is no fun when kids are sick! Keep nursing. When I had to pump for a 2 week period while Bryce was going through stuff at PCH I NEVER got hardly anything out pumping but was always fine with nursing and made it past a year....don't stress. Sometimes we just react different to pumps than baby mouths...no idea why, but I was worried too and it was just fine! Hang in there!

Christine Tax said...

Hang in there Lindsey! You have done so well with nursing Logan. I am truly impressed. It could be just from the stress or boys being sick or just a fluke! THis too shall pass. Just keep at it. You are a very determined person. You can do it. I hope that your boys begin to feel better soon. Although Connor is still sick and he comes to you tomorrow!:) I will bring your an iced coffee, don't worry.

Jessica B. said...

While I cannot say that I have ever fed children from my (ample, maybe?) bosom, I can understand how stressed you have been this week! So glad that you were able to take a break on Friday night to come over and hang out, sounds like you were due!