Friday, September 18, 2009

Sassy here we come!!!

Jillian and I went shopping last week and headed over to Buckle to find some jeans. We can only buy jeans at Buckle because they so graciously cater to us tall folks by making jeans with a 37 1/2 inch inseam. We loaded up my two boys and Trenton and off we went with jeans on our mind. We justified buying a new pair each since we have not bought a new pair of jeans in like ummmm....5 years. Its quite obvious that styles have changed since then and although we tend to not care that much about being super trendy -- it would be fun to sport some sassy, sexy, stylish jeans.

We tried on about 10 pairs each -- I might have a couple more under my belt but, with a lot of time and sweat and tired, hungry, whinning babies...I found a great pair of jeans and Jill found -- NOTHING!!! Sad day for her! But, at these prices...you better feel you sparkle like diamonds in the sky when you put these babies on or they will be left on the shelf.

As I was checking out -- I happen to glance over and saw this shirt that I just knew I was going to LOVE!!! I walked over and unfolded this shirt made by Affliction that is so the uhmmmm.....cant even think of the right words but, its just the rough side of my personality with a little bling to it. Its soooo not a sweet, danty, etsy look which dont get me wrong I love. I glanced at the price tag and it was $68.50 -- OMG...are you kidding me -- for one shirt!!! Will this shirt rub my shoulders and back after pulling it over my head!?!?!? Anyways..I went home and told Ryan all about the shirt and I just cant stop thinking about it.
We went back later that night and my WONDERFUL HUBBY let me buy it since I still had birthday money left over that I never spent back in May. Please see picture below!!


There are a lot of girls/women out there who would totally not sport this shirt but, I planned on rocking it out with some fun boots and exsesories. I placed this $68.50 shirt in my closet and let it sit for a couple days. I got a size medium and it fit good but, a smidge snugger than I would like around the chest and arm pit area. If you know me -- you know I do NOT like to wear sleeves and have a hard time with shirts that are so tight they are all up in my pits. Makes me uncomfortable for some reason -- I like to have my arms free like a bird. lol

Long story short....I loaded the boys up today and I took that $68.50 fabulous shirt that I HADE TO HAVE back to Buckle and bought three new shirts for the price of that one. I am sooooo excited about my new purchases that I just had to share them. I went over to Heart & Soul which is new in Arrowehead Mall but, they have a store up in Prescott that I have glaced at many times. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE my new purchases BUT -- I can put a picture of them up right now because you will not get the same effect if they are laying on my counter or on a hanger. They have to be on me to share them with you. Its the little things in life that bring great joy into my heart. I am totally not a fashionable person and I envy those who are (Candace aka: Brooke Masters)with love in my heart. I just dont have the sassy fashion in me or the denaro to be that sassy. I tell ya what -- it costs a lot of flippin money to be up to date with fashions and do it right. I guess thats why I am excited about the new purchase. Soooo.....sassy pictures of muah will be posted soon!!! This should be exciting!! lol

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Autumn or should I call you Fall??? You are a crack up!!! That was a fun day - maybe I will find some jeans after I get some squats under my belt. I have been working hard to get my butt up where it belongs LOL!!!

You will look GORGEOUS in your new shirts - but then again you look gorgeous in sweats so blah to you.

HUGS!!!

Unknown said...

Is that really a picture of the shirt - it looks more like a dress and I thought the shirt you got was a t-shirt and black :-)

Grandma said...

You two girls have SOOOOO much fun -- and I might add, you both would look great in a potato sack!!!

Uh, Lins -- a couple days missed does NOTHING to your bod -- to you mind, yup, but not a thing to your svelta bod.