Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Oh Brady!!!

Mom keeps telling me that I need to blog more. Probably not the day to do it but, I am going to make a quick post. Brady has been testing me the last two weeks and its really starting to wear on me. I believe in love and logic and try my very best to stay calm and give him choices. He has started hitting and being a bug bully all of the sudden and I of course wonder....what am I doing wrong. I am aware that Brady is very strong willed and has a very healthy temper -- just the way he is built as does his little brother Logan (the temper anyways). I can admit that I am not the most patient person in the world but, I have come a very very long way with patience after having kids. I just feel like I am always raising my voice and always putting him in time out or counting or or or. Of course with writing this, I feel bad like I am saying my little man is not a good kid -- wrong -- he is a very smart, wonderful, sweet little guy. These last two weeks have just been trying and difficult. I think this has a better word for it and its called "being a parent". I also need to remember that just because Brady looks like a 4 year old...he is only 2 1/2. Ryan and I want to have 4 kids, we are only at 2....am I going to make it?? Does this mean I am being defeated and giving up!? Sigh...
Ok...I am going to get off of my poor me box and I am going to go take a happy pill and be the best mother ever!!! Wish me luck -- and Brady for that matter that we can come out of this testing time very very soon.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My sweet Lindsey - you are a WONDERFUL mother. Ummm have you looked at how close your little guys are and just how busy you are??? You have a lot on your plate. It does get easier (in some ways) as they get older. He is strong willed, but he is only two. I think it is sometimes hard to remember because he is as big as Carter - but this does not mean he is ready for kindergarten. He is a testing two year old. Hang in there - you are doing an amazing job!!!
Love your guts!!!
Let me know if you ever need my help :-)

Grandma said...

Oh, yes -- days, weeks like this I remember well! Well, actually, the memory is very dim at this point cuz there are so many others since then.

Linny -- you are a WONDERFUL mother (wife, sister, daughter, aunt, also) -- amazingly so. Take a breath and know that this too shall pass -- and something else will come right along to fill the void. :-) Brady is a bright, intense, secure little guy -- secure because he KNOWS he is loved and cherished. So, he's gonna jerk your chain -- probably for the next 20 years. Assume the water off a duck's back approach -- just let this slide off your back. Scoop him up, read him a book and snuggle with him. Easy for me to say, huh.

I heard on the radio this morning, coincidentally, that Dr. Lehman says you are to ignore negative behavior such as Brady is exhibiting as the child KNOWS what they have done is unacceptable and disconnect immediately from you, so you just put him in time out and leave without raising your voice. Guess there was a great program on last night on 20/20 we might want to try find on the web.

Anyhow -- smile lots -- you (and your hubby)are doing a GREAT job.

BIG HUGS,

M

Christine Tax said...

Oh Lindsey! YOu are a fabulous mom and remember they don't call it terrible twos for nothing, although It think it should be called "terrible threes." He is such a sweet boy, we just love him!.

Schnautz Recollections said...

I decided to read your blog, to catch up with you, I was thinking about you today. missin you tons!! wow, I can totally relate to this behavior, and I am doing what a friend of yours here said put him in his time out, dont raise the voice and ignore. Dylan hates the silent treatment, then comes up to me and says sorry Mommy, and wants to cuddle. of course he does this again, the yelling and the throwing. he 's not hitting , thank god. or should I say yet. he is actually a sweet boy too, as is Brady, I'm sure. they are only 2.