Thursday, September 17, 2009

Running Around Town

Today is a much better day! I just get to be a rolling snowball sometimes and a few tears and hugs seems to make me feel all better. Soooo on to some new things in my/our life. Kristi....my very wonderful friend/neighbor/and employer -- started talking about running a 1/2 marathon months ago. We go to the gym every morning together and when she mentioned this I quickly jumped on the ship and said...lets go sailing together! I have never really liked running and havent done much of it since high school but, I/we thought this would be some great excersize and we would probably do well at it since we workout every day. We also would both like to shed or tone a couple pounds and were convinced that this is how we are going to do it.

Well, our official training day was to start on August 23rd but, we jumped into it a couple weeks early to have a head start. We have both done quite well. I think we push eachother a lot and it sure helps having her run next to me. I am happy to say that we have never stopped in the middle of a run to take a break -- and last week we ran 5 miles. Doesnt seem like much but, let me just tell ya...5 miles is ridiculously far when you are on foot. We have been running here and there at night so we could sleep the next morning and last night I finally felt amazing when I was running. Usually when I start I have this thought of -- oh my gosh I am going to have to stop. Then as we get about half way thru the run -- it gets a little better. BUT....last night we were to run 3.5 miles and we ran 4 instead because we were doing so good. I have been getting a little discouraged lately with our runs because we have to build up to 13 miles and I feel sometimes like I am going to die with a 3 mile run. Anyways....I thought it would be fun to journal our experience with the training and of course our victory at the end of it.

We will be running in San Diego on Coronado Beach on November 15th. We leave for San Diego on the 13th and return the same day as the race. This will also be the first time I am away from my babies. The only other time I have been away from Brady was when I was giving birth to Logan. Two whole nights these little guys are going to be with out their mamma and me with out them. I know its going to be sooooo hard for me to leave and actually just the thought of it and writing this makes me teary. Hopefully I can call Brady each night and we can sing Sunshine over the phone. My boys are just amazing little guys -- actually all 3 of my boys. I couldnt go with out saying how supportive Ryan has been with me doing this and the costs that are involved. I truly have an amazing husband on so many levels. I feel so blessed every day with my life, even when Brady is putting me over the edge sometimes. Its fun to have a goal to work towards like this and I am so lucky to being doing it with such a great friend. Thanks for the suggestion Kristi and for keeping me going! Stay tuned for our progress!

3 comments:

Grandma said...

You go, girl! I can remember watching you run playing soccer -- you covered the entire field in a few strides. :-)

And ya know -- it's gonna be here before you know it.

BIG hugs,

M

Christine Tax said...

Lindsey I am so proud of you! YOu have totally stuck with it. I admire your determination. YOu are an inspiration.

Smith Family said...

Congratulations on your achievements so far. I'm impressed! You need to send some of that motivation my way. Good luck meeting your goal. I know you can do it!!!